Thai Lemony Carrot Soup
- May 1, 2014
- By Marie-Claire Hermans – Ravishing Raw
- Categories: Alternative Diets, Healthy Eating, Healthy Recipes
As soon as the sun is out, you know that summer is around the corner. This exotic flavored soup brings Thailand right to your raw table! Dress it up with some edible flowers, find a nice spot in the spring sun to indulge, and you will feel like a million bucks.
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PERSONS
- 2 C freshly juiced carrot juice (about 2 pounds of carrots)
- Juice one inch of fresh ginger root (optional but warming)
- 1 to 2 lemon grasses, juiced
- 1 avocado, cut into large pieces
- 2 TBSP freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 to 1 C coconut milk (optional- blend meat of 1/2 coconut with its water)
- 2 to 3 TBSP Tamari
- 1 TBSP Curry powder (optional but lovely touch)
- 1 organic lime
- Juice the carrots, ginger and lemon grass
- Transfer the juice to your blender
- Add the other ingredients and blend into a smooth soup
- Finish with some cilantro, some small diced red bell pepper or tomato
- Grate some lime zest on top
- This soup stays well for two days in the fridge
- When you don’t store chilled, the coconut milk will start to ferment!
- Don’t blend too long: avocado can turn bitter when you do
- No coconuts? Enjoy without!
Marie-Claire Hermans is an Energy for Experts Coach, Author, Raw Foods Chef and Creator of “Ravishing Raw FooDprint Success System™. Visit her online at ravishingraw.com.