Ten Awesome Uses for Epsom Salts
You know that a bag of Epsom salts added to a warm bath can do wonders for your sore muscles, but the uses for Epsom salts don’t stop there. They also have many other uses, for both around the house and for your body. Here are some that you can use immediately.
- Improve house plant health by watering with a little Epsom salts dissolved in warm water. Your plants will grow bigger and stronger because they love the high concentrations of magnesium and sulfur.
- A trail of Epsom salts in the garden can keep slugs away from your plants.
- Use Epsom salts and flat beer on your windows during the holidays to make them look “frosted.”
- Do you have a raccoon problem? Are they raiding your trash bins and making a big mess? Sprinkle some Epsom salts around the lids and bases to keep them away. They hate the taste of the salts.
- Use Epsom salts and a little dish soap to make an excellent, non-toxic grout cleaner for your bathrooms. It may not bubble like some name brand cleaners, but it also isn’t full of toxic chemicals that you shouldn’t be exposing yourself and your family to.
- Stop mosquito bites from itching. Dissolve some Epsom salt in a spray bottle and apply directly to insect bites to help them heal faster and stop the itch.
- Stop stinky feet. If your trips to the gym leave your feet smelling a little yucky, try soaking them with Epsom salts and warm water. The salts are great for odor control and they will relax your tired feet. You could even add some essential oils to make a great foot soak for the end of the day.
- Relieve bronchial spasms by adding Epsom salts to boiling water to create an Epsom steam. You can add a few drops of essential oil in order to make the steam even more healing. Just place a towel over your head as well as over the pot of Epsom water, lean over and breathe deeply for almost instantaneous relief.
- Add some Epsom salts to your bottle of conditioner and enjoy silkier, smoother hair. This also makes your hair healthier and your conditioner last longer.
- Clean your washing machine by running a cycle with only warm water and a cup of Epsom salts. This will make the inside of your machine look like new again. This appliance works hard to clean your clothes, but over time your washer can use a bit of cleaning too.
For more information, call June Milligan at 775-786-9111 or visit joyfulchanges.com
- Coleman, Abigail. Epsom Salt Cures: The Healing Powers of Epsom salts on the Body, Mind and Soul. Amazon Digital Services. August, 2016
- Cross, Lola. Home Remedies with Epsom Salts: 65 Epsom Salt Uses for Health, Beauty, Gardening, Crafts and More. Amazon Digital Services. October, 2015