Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
- November 2, 2013
- Categories: Healthy Recipes
Recipe By Lois Ehlers |
(Reprinted from HB Magazine November 2010 issue)
1 15oz Libby canned pumpkin, or the same amount of fresh pumpkin
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup honey
1 12oz can of evaporated milk, NOT sweetened condensed
8 oz. Neufchatel cream cheese, softened.
1 1//4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground fresh nutmeg.
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1 deep-dish pie pastry
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Pour the pumpkin into a large bowl.
2. With a hand mixer, beat in the eggs and the soft honey.
3. Add the spices, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt and blend.
4. Beat in the cream cheese.
5. Now add the evaporated milk and blend until smooth.
6. Place the pastry in the deep dish.
7. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pastry.
8. Bake at 425 degree preheated oven. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 45-50 minutes.
9. Test by inserting a clean, cold knife in the center to see if it comes out clean.
Happy Holiday Cooking…Enjoy!