Natural Cleaning Tips
submitted by WOW Cleaning Services |
Ditch products that say “Poison,” “Warning,” or “Danger.” Cleaners like these should not be in your home. Make sure to read the label. Anything that has ingredients containing the phrase “chlor,” “glycol,” “phenol,” or ends with “-ene” is doing more harm to your body than adding shine to that floor. Even scarier are the products that don’t even list their ingredients. Consider making your own cleaning products or scoop up some eco-friendly cleaners. Here are some easy cleaning products you can make yourself, made with “green” ingredients:
- Multi-purpose cleaner: Mix a few drops of natural soap, 2 cups water, and 15 drops each of tea tree and lavender essential oil. You can spray this on all surfaces, like cutting boards, counters, toilets and walls.
- Remove indoor air pollutants: Houseplants such as chrysanthemums, English ivy, spider plants, and Boston ferns naturally freshen the air.
- Prevent mold and mildew from becoming a growing problem in the bathroom by keeping a spray bottle filled with 1 cup water and 1 drop tea tree oil handy, for zapping stains.
- Disinfect and deodorize the toilet bowl in a flash. Sprinkle the sides with baking soda, let sit for a few minutes, then drizzle with vinegar. Scrub with a toilet brush and flush.
- Take out tough stains from whites by dabbing spots with a mixture of one part borax and six parts water. Avoid using harsh chemicals by cleaning more often. A major reason people turn to harsh cleaners is because they are not keeping up on their cleaning; when they finally get around to it, gunk is super stuck on everything.
For more info, contact Laura Mederos at WOW Cleaning Services at (775) 322-4787 or visit online at www.wowcleaningreno.com.