“More Alive Now: Simple Nutrition to Change Your Life”
Author Susan Frailey RN BSN combines knowledge, nutritional “how to,” recipes, meal planning ideas–and more–to provide an in-depth look into nutrition. She uses a holistic approach to teach and educate readers on a variety of topics; which include pH balance, food combining, probiotic foods and enzymes. The information she offers helps you set a realistic nutrition-based goal, find the necessary tools and resources to achieve that goal, and ultimately, change your overall health and lifestyle.
The book includes 12 chapters that dig a little deeper into each abovementioned subject. It is fluid, congruent and easy-to-read. The best part–especially if you are a visual learner–is that Frailey includes charts and graphs that illustrate the idea at hand. It really helps tie everything together. She also includes “tips” throughout the book. They further explain a particular topic, or offer quick ideas you can easily add to your new routine.
If you are looking at changing the way you eat and look at food, this book should inhabit your bookshelf. It is a nutritional must-have.
Enjoy the following recipe from “More Alive Now: Simple Nutrition to Change Your Life.”
Pumpkin Lentil Soup:
• 3-4 cups French green lentils, soak overnight and rinse
• One chopped onion
• 5 chopped garlic cloves
• 4 tablespoons coconut oil
• 3 tablespoons ghee
• One acorn squash, cut length-wise and cubed
• One tablespoon garam marsala spice, or other East Indian spice
• 1-2 tablespoons of Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
• One bay leaf or kombu strip
1. Put lentils and coconut oil into a crock pot with enough water to cover two inches above the lentil line and turn on high.
2. As the pot is heating up, sauté onion, garlic and ghee until just done and add to the lentil mix.
3. Add bay leaf, garam marsala and salt.
4. Once lentils are boiling, turn to low and cook for four to six hours, or until done.
5. Place acorn squash into the mixture for the last two hours of cooking.
For more info, go to www.morealiveow.com. You can also purchase the book on www.amazon.com.