Weed the lamb’s quarters in your garden into a basket instead of the compost heap. They indicate rich soil, are packed with vitamins, and taste wonderful, too!
Lamb’s quarters tops & side leaves; about a 1?2 lb. or a large “bouquet”
1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
5 green onions, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 T. butter
1 T grape seed oil (olive oil will do)
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Rinse and drain lamb’s quarters; pat dry.
2. Trim leaves and top, discarding thick stems and discoloured leaves. Set aside.
3. In large heavy skillet on medium high, heat grape seed oil and butter; add garlic, cooking for about a minute.
4. Add green onions and red pepper, cooking another 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Last, add greens all at once, stirring continuously for another minute or two until greens are wilted. Serve immediately.