1 freshly picked zucchini, ~ 8 inch
2 T. minced onion
1 t. minced garlic
1 celery rib, diced
3 T. sweet pepper (red, green or yellow), diced
1?2 C. fresh mushrooms, diced
4 or 5 broccoli florets, chopped
1 T. olive oil 2 T.butter
2 C. leftover mashed potatoes
2 eggs, beaten
1?4 t. sea salt
1?2 t. black pepper
1?4 C. sharp or medium cheddar, grated
1?4 C. Parmesan cheese
1 t. dried, organic pars- ley
Fresh organic parsley for garnish
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Slice zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out centers leaving at least 3?4” of “wall.”
2. Set aside while sautéing onion, garlic, mushrooms and zucchini and steaming beet greens.
3.Lightly sauté onion, garlic, celery, sweet pepper, mushrooms and broccoli florets in olive oil and butter. When done, put into large bowl. In another bowl blend potatoes and eggs
4. Add this to sautéed veggies, mixing well. Add salt and pepper.
5. Place in baking dish, top with cheese and bake at 350 F for about 35 minutes.
6. Divide and fill zucchini halves heaping full. Sprinkle with dried parsley.
7. Place the 2 stuffed zucchini halves in an 8” square baking pan and cover with a foil tent. Pop into a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 35 minutes.