Raw Thai Curry
- February 1, 2015
- By Marie-Claire Hermans – Ravishing Raw
- Categories: Alternative Diets, Healthy Eating, Healthy Recipes
Curry pastes are easy to make, and they are so much healthier than the heavily processed versions in the supermarket. What’s more, they are perfect to warm up your body–from the inside–on cold winter days. If you make this red paste, double the amount and freeze half the amount in an ice tray and you will always have the right taste palette ready for an, “I fancy a Thai dish” mood…
RED CURRY PASTE
2 TBSP chopped yellow onion 1 stick of lemon grass (use the core)
1 clove of freshly pressed garlic
1/2 freshly grated ginger
1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne powder (to taste) or 1 fresh red Jalapeño pepper
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 TBSP organic sesame oil
Throw all the ingredients in a food processor and chop it up until you have a paste. This is the basis of taste to mix in your sauces.
Blend 1 ½ C meat of a young Thai coconut with ½ to 1 C of coconut water (creamy)
Blend in 3 TBSP red curry paste and 1 pitted date, a little bit of sea salt if needed.
Add 1 TBSP of curry powder and squeeze in ½ lime. Blend until velvety and smooth.
Chop up 1 cauliflower in the food processor (pulse shortly until you have a rice-like texture)
Transfer to a bowl and add sea salt to taste (1/4 to ½ tsp)
Slice up 2 spring onions, a handful of fresh cilantro and a red bell pepper
Mix well by hand and add 1 TBSP of sesame oil to make the “rice” a bit sticky
Take a mold and push in the “rice” firmly, push the rice gently through the mold on to your plates, flatter some of the curry sauce next to the rice and on top. Ready!
- Do you like it hot? Add more red paste to your sauce or add a red Habanero pepper
- Leftovers keep well in a glass jar in the fridge for a week
- For longer storage, freeze into ice cubes so it is easy to take the doses you need
- Serve with a salad to make it a main meal
- Replace the cauliflower with kelp noodles for a real “ramen” experience
Marie-Claire Hermans is an Energy for Experts Coach, Author, Raw Foods Chef and Creator of “Ravishing Raw FooDprint Success System™. Visit her online at ravishingraw.com.