1 cup diced and peeled frozen or fresh pineapple
1 cup diced, peeled, seeded papaya
1 cup ice cubes
3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 fresh papaya slices (for garnish)
2 fresh pineapple slices (for garnish)
Combine the pineapple, papaya, ice cubes, pineapple juice and vanilla in a blender. Puree until smooth. Pour this healthy smoothie into two glasses. Top each smoothie with fresh papaya and pineapple slices, serve and enjoy!
• 1 medium pineapple, with green leaves
• 1/4 cup dark rum or apple juice
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger root or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted if desired
Cut pineapple lengthwise into fourths; remove core. Cut along curved edges to loosen pineapple from rind without cutting rind. Cut fruit in rind crosswise into 3/4 inch slices; then cut lengthwise down center of slices, leaving the cut fruit in the rind shell. Mix rum and ginger root; spoon over pineapple. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Sprinkle with coconut. Garnish with strawberries and mint leaves if desired. Makes four servings.
Pineapple Ginger Salsa
• 1/4 fresh pineapple, diced
• 1 small mango, diced
• 1 large tomato, diced
• 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
• 4 to 5 scallions, thinly sliced
• 3/4 dl spicy sweet and sour ginger glaze
• 1/2 dl fresh cilantro, • finely chopped
Stir all ingredients together and season with salt. Refrigerate.
Chicken, Pineapple and Macadamia Salad
• 1 1/2 pounds boneless cooked chicken, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
• 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
• 1 medium size pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into bite size pieces
• 2/3 cups mayonnaise
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons raspberry or sherry vinegar
• 1 cup coarsely chopped roasted macadamia nuts
• salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• celery leaves for garnish
In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, celery and pineapple. In a small bowl, combine mayo, Dijon mustard and vinegar. Toss with the ingredients in mixing bowl. Refrigerate until serving time. Garnish with the nuts and celery leaves. Makes six servings.