Today, one out of three Americans will get cancer, which is the 2nd leading cause of death in the US. You don’t have to be a statistic. Boost your immune system to help prevent illness and disease, including cancer. If you are already having health challenges, having a strong immune system will maximize your body’s healing potential.
In Part I: Don’t Be a Cancer Statistic, the importance of how to detoxify/cleanse toxins from the body, and then how to rebuild with proper diet, nutrition and supplements were discussed. Detoxification and rebuilding are both crucial to health, healing at the cell level and in building a strong immune system. Reducing toxic exposure and stress reduction are also important to assure a strong immune system for vibrant health.
REDUCE YOUR TOXIC EXPOSURE: A recent report by the Columbia University School of Public Health estimated that 95 percent of cancers are caused by diet and environmental toxicity. Studies show that there are over 287 chemicals present in a newborns’ blood with 180 of these known to cause cancer!
Here are some startling statistics:
• There are over 80,000 chemicals produced in North America
• There are over 3,000 chemicals added to our food supply.
• There are over 10,000 chemical solvents, emulsifiers and preservative used in food processing.
• There are over 1,000 new chemicals introduced each year.
Chemicals are toxic, foreign invaders to the body; they activate the immune system. The more toxins we put into the body, the harder the immune system must work. An overworked immune system eventually becomes ineffective in fighting disease and cancer. Eliminating the number of toxins that we ingest, breathe in, put on our skin or come in contact with will take stress off of the immune system. Here are some steps that can be taken to decrease your exposure to toxins.
• Water: Install water filters, both for drinking and bathing. Our water is polluted with agricultural, factory and automobile pollution chemicals, prescription and over-the counter drugs, heavy metals and human waste. All these make their way into our lakes, rivers and ground water, only to be pumped back out of the ground and be treated with more chemicals (chlorine) to purify it for safe drinking water. According to the U.S. Council of Environmental Quality, “Cancer risk among people drinking chlorinated water is 93 percent higher than among those whose water does not contain chlorine.” When you take a shower, you breathe in chlorine fumes and absorb it through your skin.
• Personal Care Products: Buy products made from natural ingredients, herbs and essential oils that are preservative free: Most toothpaste, deodorants, cosmetics, soap and shampoos, feminine hygiene products and hair dyes are filled with hundreds of chemical toxins and will increase your risk of cancer. Check out the ingredients of your toothpaste. You may be starting your day with a hefty dose of chemicals that go directly into your bloodstream.
• Reduce Exposure to Electromagnetic Frequencies: EMFs create changes in the body on a cellular level and can cause tumors, cancer and memory problems. Use cell phone protectors & dirty electricity blockers in your home.
• Food: Eat organic whenever possible including all meats and dairy. Avoid processed foods genetically modified and irradiated foods. In other words, buy healthy whole foods and prepare meals at home as much as possible.
• Eliminate non-stick cookware: They emit toxins from the synthetic lining and usually have aluminum as their base, which will help your Alzheimer’s along. Use stainless steel.
• Reduce/eliminate use of Microwave Ovens: Microwaves cause molecular & chemical changes in the food which is detrimental to your health. It also destroys food nutrients.
• Packaging: Carcinogenic, toxic substances are transferred from plastic, aluminum foil, aluminum cans, and Styrofoam into our food and body. Choose glass bottles, paper bags, cardboard containers and canned goods with protective enamel linings.
• Purchase environmental friendly cleaning products: Go green to get clean! Just breathing in those toxic fumes is detrimental to your health!
REDUCE EMOTIONAL & PHYSICAL STRESS: “The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well.”
The saying “Stress Kills” is true; it sets in motion your “fight or flight response,” to prepare the body for action. Unfortunately, many of us are continually in this stress response mode, which eventually can have a devastating effect on your physical health.
Research has now shown, beyond any reasonable doubt, that human emotions have a direct influence on the way our cells function in our body and on our DNA! Emotions can affect your health in a positive or in a destructive way, depending on the emotion; they can cause physical imbalance and make you sick or they can make you well! The energy associated with the emotion of anger will have a very different affect on your physical body compared to the emotion of joy or gratitude.
Here are a few suggestions for reducing stress and improving physical and emotional well-being:
• So-Sound Therapy: Relaxing and healing both physically and emotionally! Lie on a So-Sound table and experience a musical massage that not only feels great, but breaks the stress cycle and changes brainwaves to a meditative state and begins to balance cell energies. Certain musical tones have been proven to repair DNA! Backed by research.
• SomatoEmotional Release: Reconnect with yourself by processing emotional or physical trauma from the central nervous system. A gentle hands-on therapy that is meditative and relaxing.
• Quantum Indigo Biofeedback: Reduces stress and re-trains the body energetically while you relax on a sound table. Balances erratic body frequencies, which occurs with emotional stress, illness, injury and can help boost the immune system. Maximizes your healing potential and promotes health and well-being.
• Massage Therapy: Relaxing and both emotionally and physically healing. Try an oncology or lymphatic massage; which reduces anxiety, improves energy stimulates the lymphatic system, improves metabolism, promotes the removal of bodily toxins and waste, and encourages a healthy immune system.
• Exercise: Exercise not only improves your physical health in many ways but also helps to reduce mental tension and stress. Exercise, even just walking, also improves lymph flow which will boost your immune system.
• Yoga: Heals and balances on all levels, physically, mentally and spiritually.
• Meditation/Prayer: Quiets the mind, relaxes and reduces stress. Settle into your heart and connect to your higher self.
• AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE!
1. Fitzgerald, Patricia, M.D. The Detox Solution. Illumination Press. May, 2001.
2. Bollinger, Ty. Cancer, Step Outside the Box. Infinity 510 Squared Partners. July, 2006.
3. Wolfe, David. The Longevity Now Program. www.longevitynowprogram.org.
4. Braden, Gregg. The Devine Matrix. Hay House. January, 2008.
For more info, contact Sierra Sports and Spine Healing Center at (530) 587-9355 or visit online at www.sierrahealing.com.