- January 2, 2014
- By Marie-Claire Hermans – Ravishing Raw
- Categories: Alternative Diets, Healthy Eating, Healthy Recipes
Ah, Nojito! Continue to celebrate the New Year with a touch of sparkle. Simply make this fresh, bubbling and oh-so-wanted version of your beloved Mojito! This light goddess drink will prepare your body for the wonderful year ahead…
• Get enough mint and limes for several drinks!
• Make a bunch of ice cubes (add a tiny mint leaf to each one of them).
• Prepare your Nojito in the morning so you can serve it cool
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PERSONS
• 1 big handful of fresh mint leafs
• 1 C of freshly squeezed lime (about 6 limes)
• A few drops of agave to taste
• 1 C sparkling water or water kefir
• ½ to 1 C of your minty ice cubes
• Squeeze the mint leaves in a mortar
• Transfer the squeezed leaves to a bowl
• Add the lime juice and agave
• Squeeze a little bit more so the mint flavor blends in with the juice
• Let chill and steep in a glass bottle until serving time
• Take the bottle out of the fridge, add the sparkling water and mix well
• Pour into the glasses and add some ice cubes
• Serve with a straw and enjoy your sparkling aperitif!
Submitted By Marie-Claire Hermans – Ravishing Raw
High Performance Coach
Author, Raw Food Chef