Need an Energy Kick?
- August 1, 2016
- By Marie-Claire Hermans, Energy Coach for Experts
- Categories: Healthy Eating, Healthy Recipes
Stressed out at work? Need an energy kick after lunch? Maybe you’ve been grabbing for a chocolate bar more than you wanted to, watching the numbers on your scale move upward. You’ve tried to quit, and hid the last bar in the back of your cupboard, just in case. And then it sneaks back in – that frustrating addiction when your emotions are swirling. It’s tough to fight comfort foods when you know that you still have “something” sitting around.
Let’s take another route with an alternative that will delight you. Here is a super-delish chocolate smoothie, packed with anti-aging and energizing properties, nutrients that charge you, stop your hunger and cut the “cravings for more.” If stress hits, whip up this recipe and enjoy every sip, guilt-free.
TOOLS YOU NEED
- A blender
- 1 banana
- A handful of cacao nibs
- 2-3 TBS raw cacao (to taste)
- A handful of Goji berries
- 1 TBS Maca
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Coconut water or pure water to create a smooth and creamy consistency
- Need it to be sweeter? Add pitted Medjool dates to taste (start with 1)
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until very smooth
- Top with some fine sliced mint
- If you like a crunch, sprinkle some cacao nibs on top
- Add a handful of frozen berries of your choice (raspberries are great here) for a new taste or if you find this smoothie “too chocolate-ish”
- This chocolate boost is best for your morning. Don’t drink it in the late afternoon or you may have trouble sleeping at night
- If you have problems concentrating, chocolate will help you focus for many hours
- A great smoothie to stop sweet cravings
- Pure chocolate suppresses hunger and is guilt-free power food
- Make more and share in a morning meeting for collective energy and focus
As with all chocolate, raw chocolate can be addictive too. Don’t drink this smoothie every morning. Keep it an occasional treat, use it with moderation and you’ll enjoy its amazing taste and health benefits.
Would you like to elevate your energy in one week by making one small change in your busy day? Join the experience at
Energy Coach For Experts™