Nature’s Finest Vanity Mask
- September 1, 2014
- By Marie-Claire Hermans – Ravishing Raw
- Categories: Healthy Body, Natural Beauty
No expensive creams needed to give your skin that rejuvenating kick it is longing for after a stressful day. Are you preparing for a nice evening out? A date? Your wedding? Are you looking tired, a bit wrinkled from little sleep or too much sun? Have you been trying everything to moisten your face, to give it back its youthful glow? Here comes your instant savior, and you will love the soft tingling sensation while you are laying back in a hot bath, eyes closed…
- A blender or hand mixer
- A handful of freshly picked Plantain(grows next to fields, where soil is very firm)
- 1 ripe, soft avocado
- 2 TBSP of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Spirulina (optional)
- Tear out and remove the stems of the Plantain; you will see little sticky threads coming out of the leaf, these are great for your skin
- Wash the leaves
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the meat
- Throw all the ingredients in your blender
- Blend until smooth
- If needed, add an extra spoon of olive oil
- Put up your hair, run your bath and apply this fresh and soothing, first-class cream to your face
- Relax for 15 minutes with your eyes closed–enjoy the sensation
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- Now splash ice cold water on your face
- Dry off gently
- Look in the mirror and say, “Wow! Is thatME?
“You can keep this facial mask in the refrigerator for about five days. If you want to keep a nice green color, add a squeeze of lemon, which will add vitamin C to your skin.At the end of summer, I make a staple and freeze it in in small 1-apply-portions. It keeps me going for a while. One mask per week makes a big difference!
- Play with other oils, jojoba oil, macadamia oil, almond oil, etc.
- You can add essential oils to make it even more luxurious and healing (lavender and sweet orange are wonderful for the skin)
- Leftovers can be stored for about five days in a sealed container in the fridge
- At the end of summer, make a large portion and freeze in small, one apply-portions (ice cube trays work well). Now you can still have a weekly detoxifying and rejuvenating mask
- Can’t find Plantain? Leave it out and only use the other ingredients, but make sure to add the Spirulina: a total different but just as nice experience!
Marie-Claire Hermans is an Energy for Experts Coach, Author, Raw Foods Chef and Creator of “Ravishing Raw FooDprint Success System™. Visit her online at ravishingraw.com.