Written by Tania Marie, RMT, IARP, NAPW |
The Earth is supporting humanity’s awakening to the re-discovery of ancient and forgotten healing arts, such as the utilization of crystals. Reverence and use of crystals goes back to the dawning of civilization. They have been connected with specific parts of the body and its organs for thousands of years. As members of the mineralogical kingdom, crystals are universal energies that allow one to contact and synthesize these individual energies for healing and integration. Each crystal contains their own “personality” and can be utilized in unique ways to facilitate healing. Crystals are nature’s gift to man and are found in all shapes, sizes, colors and composition. They each have a unique vibrational resonance due to their varying mineral contents, their inherent geometry and the color frequency they emit, making them powerful healing tools.
Crystal healing is a method of healing – crystals or gemstones are placed on or around the body, on the chakras (spiritual energy centers), used as reflexology tools to stimulate points on the feet, worn like jewelry, or can be placed in and around one’s home to enhance energy. They heal holistically on physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels, helping to direct the flow of energy to a particular part of the body, restore balance, and ultimately cleanse by releasing and clearing blocked energy. Chakras (pronounced “shock-ras”) are Sanskrit for wheels of rotating energy flows in the ethereal body. They are in related locations within the physical body along the spinal column starting from the base of the spine, up to the crown, or top of the head. There are seven major chakras within the body where the energy flows intersect. The health of an area of the physical body and the condition of its associated chakra are interdependent, so when the chakras are blocked or cleared, the body’s state will mirror that.
Each chakra corresponds with different states of consciousness, developmental stages of life, archetypal elements, body functions, colors and sounds. Crystals are capable of interacting with these energy centers within the human body because they are electromagnetic conductors that work through resonance and vibrational sound. Each crystal and gemstone embodies certain energies, colors, and elements that mirror the qualities needed to facilitate clearing and raising chakra vibrations. They have been used to realign subtle energies and dissolve dis-ease by helping to get to the root of the issue. Wearing crystals and gems used to be a royal or priestly experience, but is now something we can all receive benefit from, even by just having one in close proximity or learning to meditate with them.
There are so many varieties to choose from that help facilitate different functions and healing intents.
• Boost your energy with Orange Carnelian
• Attract wealth and reenergize with Citrine
• Cleanse your space with Amber
• Enhance intuition with Apophyllite
• Boost confidence with Hematite
• Smoky Quartz and Black Tourmaline have the ability to absorb negative energy
• Fluorite clusters can alleviate debilitating effects of computer use
• Selenite accesses angelic energy, calms, and is great for bone and back issues
• Peridot is a visionary stone that helps diffuse anger, reduce stress, and release negative patterns
• Rose Quartz is a perfect choice if you are seeking love in your life. Try Kunzite to access higher vibrational, unconditional love that aligns the heart chakra with the throat (self-expression and communication center) and third eye (intuitive center) chakras
• For migraines, the cool and calming Lapis Lazuli is great to quickly draw it off
• The spiritual stone and disease-source locator, Larimar, radiates tranquility and guides the soul onto its true path while removing self-imposed blocks.
• Serpentine helps diabetes, cleanses and detoxifies
• Emerald is a wisdom stone that aids liver detox and aids mental clarity
• Quartz is a master healer for any condition that balances and stimulates the immune system.
As you can see, the choices are endless. It is up to the individual to ultimately heal themselves, yet there are many catalytic tools, such as crystals, that can help facilitate the healing process and help one reconnect to wholeness. Choosing a crystal to work with can be as simple as following your intuition as to which captures the essence of the energy you are drawn to, or you can reference crystal healing indexes to help you link symptoms with relevant crystals.
1. Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals Updated by Melody, Earth-Love Publishing House, 1995
2. Hall, Judy. The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals. Godsfield Press, 2003
For more info, crystal classes & crystal healing pendants contact Tania Marie, Reiki Master Teacher, Visionary Artist & Owner of Emerald Bridge at (775) 343-9244 or www.taniamarie.com.