CHOCOLATE CHERRY DETOX SHAKE
- February 1, 2015
- By Shannon Vigil, Holistic Health Coach
- Categories: Healthy Eating, Healthy Smoothies
This love-colored smoothie is sure to satisfy your craving for something decadent this month. You can indulge in the flavor of dark chocolate covered cherries, but with very little sugar and a whole lot of antioxidants. This shake is perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan!
Time: 5 minutes
Serves 1 person
INGREDIENTS: Use organic whenever possible
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 serving plain or vanilla plant-based protein powder or meal replacement powder (here I used USANA Nutrimeal Free)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 2/3 cup filtered water
Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and gradually blend from low speed to high speed for 45-60 seconds. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Shannon Vigil is a Holistic Health Coach and creator of a healthy recipes blog. Visit her online at shannonvigil.com.